Recipe for a Successful Monday
It’s the start of a brand new week. We’ve got the perfect recipe to help you make it through.
How to make A Successful Monday
- A handful of willpower to crawl out of bed after only one alarm
- An extra Tablespoon of serenity to make it through morning traffic
- 16 ounces of pure caffeine
- A dash of extra minutes to reread emails for typos
- 1 leftover edition of the Sunday New York Times, for a little weekend thinking and dreaming
- A sprinkle of friendliness, because it’s someone else’s Monday too
- 1 heaping cup of confidence, for meetings and calls and conversations all day long
- 2 - 4 old Saturday Night Live clips, to taste
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of grit. Add more as needed.
- A scoop of KUSC Classical, with an extra helping of Mozart
- 3 pinches of poise (straight back, head high, detractors ignored)
- 1 wistful recollection of sunny, carefree travels past
- 1 batch of brownies, straight from the box, baked for 5 minutes less than the instructions
Prep the willpower the night before. Set aside for first thing in the morning.
Combine all ingredients, except for the brownies, in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a thermos to consume throughout the day.
Eat half the brownies separately, preferably while still warm. Save the other half for the rest of the week. You’re going to need them.